Sunday, December 11, 2005

Update

Well, it's been 6 months since I blogged, so I thought it was about time for an update. For those of you who haven't read this blog before, it is a journal of my Internship with Intervarsity in Salt Lake City, Utah last summer. (To get the full picture you have to read it backwards, starting with the archives). =)
Anyway, since July I've been back at work in Tucson. I continue to attend the Concerned Christians group here, a group of about 8 who have friends or family in the LDS church. We spend time in prayer and have a lesson on differences in doctrine and how to interact with LDS. This group has been an encouragement to me as well as challenging me to stay in prayer for the LDS, especially people I met this summer.

I have had some contact with the friends I made over the summer via email, but not much else. Jed and I had some interesting, long email discussions of predestination vs. free will, grace, what they think it means to become a god, the inerrancy of the Bible, etc. He is busy with law school now, so I haven't heard from him in a while. I exchanged a few emails with 2 sisters from our Joseph Smith class as well. Recently, I've written and heard back from our favorite professor, Brother Thunell. Mostly, I've stayed in touch with Brad and Amy, who work full time with Intervarsity. The new IV Chapter at Weber State is totally thriving, with over 30 members and several who have recenlty come out of the LDS faith. Amy is discipling a group of girls there. Brad recently had lunch with Brother Williamson, but I haven't heard much about that conversation. Another interesting thing I heard from Thunell is that the Institute on campus hosted a luncheon for Campus Crusade for Christ workers from around the area, to discuss how to be more of a blessing to each other and keep conversations open.

I am praying about returning this summer in some sort of leadership capacity. This would be a challenge for me, but a great opportunity and a lot of fun. We'll see what God does! I'll keep you posted. Thanks for reading!

No comments: