Monday, June 26, 2006

Bridges


Saturday was our Bridges training at the Salt Lake Theological Seminary. It was an all-day training that was developed by the seminary as their means of teaching Christians to effectively witness to Mormons, based on years of experience from living in Utah. The approach is summed up best by the book I Love Mormons by David L. Rowe (who teaches at the Seminary and had lunch with us last Thursday). If you have a heart for LDS friends, I HIGHLY recommend this book. You can get it on Amazon.com. Anyway, we learned more about how the LDS are a culture that have certain values and a certain worldview. They have a way of discovering truth, or epistemology, that is highly "Romantic" or experiential. Thus, it is more effective (and loving) to witness by sharing your own personal testimony, being real and vulnerable with them, taking them to a church service, or praying with them than it is to present logical arguments for the presence of contradictions or things that we don't see as Biblical in their theology. Make sense? If not, read the book. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristen- I miss you!!! It sounds like God is doing awesome things! I am praying for your family- how are they?