Friday, June 03, 2005
Trip Details
From June 11th to July 16th I will be part of the “Salt Lake City Internship” program through Intervarsity. I will be living with the 3 other interns (we're all girls) in the Intervarsity house right across from the University of Utah campus. We will be studying LDS culture through interviews with LDS people, participating in classes at the Institute for Mormonism on the U of U Campus, and learning from professors at Salt Lake Theological Seminary. We will be reading some very intriguing books about Mormonism, writing several reflection papers, and having occasional lectures from leaders in the Salt Lake Christian community. In addition, there will be plenty of time set aside for personal retreats, group Bible study, and fellowship with the other interns and local churches. It should be an eye-opening and life-changing experience. I leave one week from tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment